We regularly meet with people who already have an adviser but want our company to manage their finances going forwards. Key reasons often include:
- The old adviser does not respond to calls and emails
- The old adviser did not live up to expectations
- The old adviser has retired or has changed their business structure/charges
Meeting with one of our advisers
Your adviser will look at your existing financial circumstances and financial products, to make sure everything is still appropriate for you.
We often find that no major changes are required and then we can simply agree an ongoing servicing and advice plan.
In some cases, we find that existing products/arrangements are no longer suitable. Typical examples include:
- a new provider has become available
- more suitable investment choices are available
- better products are available, which could reduce charges and/or taxes
In these cases, your adviser might recommend a change. They will set out the reasons behind the changes and the pros and cons of taking action.